Friday, July 1, 2011

The feel-good movie of the year

My body decided to stay home from work yesterday. After a nap to recover from driving Critter to camp, then watching daytime television for about 18 minutes, I decided to look for a movie on Netflix. The home page boasted a category created just for me: Understated Dramas Featuring a Strong Female Lead.

I burst out laughing.

When it's all over, I would love for my life story to have been interesting enough to hold a viewer's attention. It certainly had its tense moments, but the redemption in the second half and the happy ending made it the feel-good movie of the year. Not a big studio production, but one of those quiet indie cinema verité flicks, maybe shot with a hand-held camera. Understated.

I wonder how many other people's "just for you" categories so perfectly describe their innermost desires for their own lives.

2 comments:

  1. my top one is: "classic cerebral romantic movies" and then "talking animal children's movies."

    ha.

    i am glad you felt good enough to laugh.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, Eric Murr just suggested your blog to me. Looking forward to following you!

    Kim Shimer
    www.freakinangels.com

    ReplyDelete

Promote your blog